How to apply
To apply for a free license for your Open-Source (OSS) project:
- Please make sure that you meet the following criteria:
- You are the project lead or a regular committer.
- Your OSS project meets the Open Source definition
- You do not perform any paid support, consulting or training services for your OSS project, and you do not distribute paid versions of your OSS software. If you provide paid services for or distribute paid versions of your OSS software, we might have other options available for your project. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
- Your OSS project is being actively developed for a minimum of 3 months.
- Your OSS project's community is active. This means that you have recent activity in your newsgroups or forums.
- Your OSS project has a web site. The web site has a News section that is being kept up to date, or links to a social network account used to announce updates of the project.
- You release updated builds on a regular basis.
How to renew
If you already have an OSS license and would like to get it renewed, please send an email to email@example.com indicating the number of your license certificate and a link to the latest release pages of your project or something that indicates your project is alive and kicking!
Open Source Licenses are available free to non-commercial open source software development projects that meet the Open Source definition, have a dedicated website, and an active community.
If you provide paid services for your open source software or distribute paid versions of your open source software, a license may or may not be granted to you at the discretion of the responsible license officer. Please contact us to check the available options.
OSS License Terms
Site license model
The software can be installed on any number of computers and used by any number of concurrent open source project members.
A license is provided for a period of 1 year and allows for free upgrades to all new releases of the software within 1 year. License renewal is available on request.
Use of the software is restricted to a licensed user with no right to transfer the software to third parties.